This user guide will help you get the most out of your conference experience on Hopin. Now let’s get you set up!
Setting up your Hopin profile
You won’t be able to access the event until 5 minutes before it starts, but you can create your profile in advance, and add the event to your calendar if you haven’t done so already.
Click on the ‘create your profile’ hyperlink, below the event countdown. A popup window will open, from where you can adjust your profile information and add your profile picture. You can always update your profile by accessing your account from the upper-right hand corner.
Getting around Hopin
You will be able to access the event on Hopin 5 minutes before it starts from your profile dashboard, by logging into your Hopin account. You are also going to receive a reminder by email shortly before the event starts, so make sure that you don’t miss it!
Similar to a physical event, you can choose where you want to go and what you’d like to attend. In the reception area, you will find the complete agenda showing what is happening where. You will also find an overview of the different event areas and further details about the event.
On the right side of the screen, you’ll find the main event chat where you can comment and interact with other event participants. Each stage, session, and booth has a chat where you can join the discussion and ask questions. You can ask questions to the speakers by using Q&A in the chat.
Aside from the main chat, you can DM participants by browsing under the ‘People’ tab. You can also invite someone to join you in a private meeting room, by inviting them to a video call. Please make sure the other person is aware and interested in having a video call before sending the invitation.
You can navigate through the different areas on the left side of your screen.
Upon opening Hopin and joining the event, you will land in the Reception area. You can think of the reception area as a venue’s lobby, it’s the information hub. Here you will find a complete overview of the schedule for the day, and see which sessions are happening where.
All MonkeyFestUSA talks can be found in both the Main Stage and Sessions Stage areas.
Here you’ll find speakers hosting keynotes and interactive sessions.
At the start of a new session, speakers will often wait for a minute to let the virtual room fill up. If you join and can’t hear anyone speaking, bear in mind the session might not have started. Grab a coffee while you wait for it to start.
You can connect with other event participants in the Networking area through the entire duration of the event. These 1-on-1 meetings will last up to 3 minutes, and you are able to leave the meeting at any time. A timer in the upper right-hand corner will let you know how long remains in each chat. When time is up, your meeting will automatically end and you can click ‘Ready’ to be matched with a new participant. Please note that you will then be randomly matched with another participant in the networking area.
If you wish to exchange contact information with the other person in your meeting, both participants must click the ‘Connect’ button. If you connect, Hopin will share information such as your name and email address with the other participant. You can find the contacts you’ve made on your Hopin profile, under the ‘Connections’ tab. You can also select ‘Unmatch’ to lose the connection.
In the Expo area, you will find virtual booths hosted by event partners. You may access each booth to gather information about the partner and to interact with the host. Every expo booth will have its own chat so you can leave questions or interact with other participants.
Tips & Tricks for using Hopin
- We recommend attending the event using a laptop or PC, as we cannot guarantee it will work flawlessly on mobile.
- For the best Hopin experience, we recommend you use Chrome or Firefox. Please avoid Brave, Safari, and Microsoft IE or Edge.
- When a session is “live” according to the event schedule, the red “LIVE” tag will be shown, indicating to attendees where the action is at the time.
- The “What’s happening now” button in the Reception area allows you to one-click navigate to where the action is.
- Keep track of any announcements and pinned messages from @MonkeyFestUSA in the event chat.
- You can send direct messages to an individual at the event via DMs in the People tab, or invite someone to join you in a private meeting room, by inviting them to a video call. To send a DM, find the person you wish to chat with within the People tab, click their profile photo, and start your conversation.
- Each stage, session, and expo booth will have a separate chat where you can interact with other participants or ask questions to the hosts at the session you are attending.
- MonkeyFestUSA is not responsible for internet outages or technical difficulties. If you experience any issues during the event, don’t hesitate to reach out to the support team via the chat by using @MonkeyFestUSA.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to the team at email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to seeing you online soon!